3 Tips For Buying Business Clothing
The way you present yourself sets a visual image for other people at your workplace. It is the way the world initially perceives you. You know what they say… first impression is everything! Attire as a whole shows one’s character and represents one’s professionalism towards their work and life. Wearing the proper business clothing is important, especially at work.
You never know who you are going to meet. If your outfit looks sloppy, you will give the impression that you are a disorganized person. If you come to a job interview looking sharp and well-dressed, employers will assume that you are confident. The way you look and dress goes a long way in the world of business. And in high-competition situations like job interviews, meetings, business events and career fairs, it can be very difficult to stand out from the crowd.
To make your experience easier when it comes to purchasing professional business clothing, lets take a look at 3 tips on how to assemble the proper business wardrobe that will not only impress your interviewer or current employer, but help you feel comfortable and confident in your outfit.
1) Quality Over Quantity In Business Clothing
Saving money is always a good thing, especially when it comes to purchasing business attire. Items such as dress shoes, suits, dress pants, dresses, and dress shirts are items that you do not need to have 100 pairs of. Investing in a few high quality clothing items, rather than a large amount of cheaper ones will save you a ton of money.
A pair of good quality leather shoes, dress pants, and a wool suit can last you for many years if you take good care of them. In return, you will save money in the long run. The alternative to this would be buying cheaply made clothing items, and paying even more money to replace them each time they wear out.
When shopping, for men, it is important to choose a suit that is form fitting with a tailored look. For women on the other hand, there are so many options to choose from when going for a professional business look. Dresses, skirts and slacks are all acceptable assuming the length and fit are appropriate and well-fitted.
Quality Business Attire
2) The Less Color The Better In Business Clothing
Perhaps your favorite color is lime green, hot pink, or any neon color. Well, believe it or not, these shades can overshadow the professional look that you are going for. A neutral blue or light grey colored suit makes for the perfect smart-casual statement. By projecting a softer and sunnier vibe in your outfit, it delivers approachability and professionalism.
However. by adding a splash of color on your tie, socks, or scarf, whether it is a shade of pink or yellow, will give an additional signal that you are able to put things together while still maintaining a strong personality and professionalism.
Neutral Colored Suits
3) Make A Shopping List For Business Clothing
Before you go out shopping for all your business apparel, be sure to first make a list of all the essential items that are needed for your business wardrobe. As you put the item in your cart, you can ross it off your list. This will prevent you from getting carried away and spending more money than you need to on things other than what is most needed.
Have you ever heard of the 70/30 rule? A guideline to consider when shopping for business attire is the 70/30 rule. When shopping for business attire, the rule suggests that 70% of the items you end up purchasing should be classic, versatile pieces. Such as, your black or grey dress pants, your navy blue blazer, and your white blouses. The other 30% can be fun, bright, neon colored trendy pieces. Sticking to this rule will help you ensure that most of your purchases will be multi-purposeful and will allow you to stay in style. It will also allow you to shop in a way that is smarter.
Take Care Of Your Business Clothing
Looking your best is the first threshold to your success in not only business but also in life. We all know that good-quality business clothes aren’t always cheap. In order to keep them looking their best, just as when you first bought them, it is essential to get them cleaned and pressed professionally. You will save a ton of money in the long-run by dry cleaning your high-quality business clothing. Compared to, replacing clothes destroyed by harsh detergents and dryers from at-home washing machines.