FABRICS MADE OF BEADS AND SEQUINS
Some fabrics made of beads and sequins are machine washable, but others are dry clean only. If you attach adornments with glue, this can melt right in dry cleaning solutions. Therefore, always check the garments care label to see what the manufacturer recommends before the garment undergoes washing.
Minimize The Amount Of Adorned Fabrics That Are Cleaned
Every time a garment undergoes cleaning, loose fibers and embellishments rinse away during the cleaning process. Washing and drying can also cause fabrics to shrink. Therefore it is best to minimize the amount that adorned fabrics that undergo cleaning and to try to prevent dirt and stains accumulating in the first place.
Spot Cleaning Fabrics Made Of Beads And Sequins
Avon Cleaners does not spot-clean only. Spot-cleaning only will leave a stain mark where the stain was. The garment then has to be dry cleaned to blend out the fabric. However, this method is only suitable for fabrics that can tolerate water.
Dry Cleaning Fabrics Made Of Beads And Sequins
Dry cleaning is a process of cleaning garments without water. We immerse clothes in an eco-safe solvent (in the dry cleaning machine) which removes soils and reconditions the fibers in the garments. The solvent then becomes extracted from the drum of the machine and is filtered and reused. It is more gentle on clothes than traditional wet cleaning.
Adorned garments often need to undergo cleaning at a specialist dry cleaner.
• Use a reputable dry cleaner that specializes in caring for evening gowns and wedding dresses or other garments that have sequins and beads.
• If possible, provide the dry cleaner with off-cuts of the adorned fabric to test before cleaning the actual garment.
• If the garment has metal decorations, you can ask your dry cleaner to ‘foil’ the decorations so they won’t crack or tarnish during cleaning or ask for the garment to be hand-cleaned.
Removing Creases From Fabrics
You should never iron garments decorated with beads or sequins. To remove creases, either:
• Turn the garment inside out and use a clothes steamer (only for fabrics that can undergo cleaning). Keep the steam wand 30cm away from the fabric.
• Hang the garment in a steamy bathroom.
• Always allow the garment to dry completely before wearing to avoid creating more creases on the garment.
Storing Garments Made Of Beads And Sequins
Always ensure that the garment is clean and aired before you storing it away. Hang embellished garments on strong padded non-slip hangers. Ensure the garments don’t become crushed in the wardrobe and use a garment cover to help keep the garment clean. This way, no excess dirt will come on your garment. Alternatively, if the garment is very heavy, wrap the garment in acid free tissue paper, carefully fold and store flat in a drawer or a storage bin. Read our published blog post to learn more about storing away summer garments. And, feel free to contact Avon Cleaners today with any questions that you may have in regards to fabrics made of beads and sequins.